The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Keeping Hope Alive

The Wayne City High School softball team, the Lady Indians, kicked off their season on March 12, with high hopes and determination. As of right now, they have encountered a tough start, holding a 2-7 record. However, the team remains undiscouraged, knowing they have plenty more games to play. Senior Paige Chizk said, “Playing softball my senior year was very important to me. The girls I get to play with this year make every practice and game so much fun, which has helped me enjoy my last year even more.”

Softball is a very challenging sport with lots of challenging schools to play against. With these challenges, it helps the team want to improve and succeed. Each game they play is a learning experience that strengthens their skills and toughness on the field. This year they will head to Hutsonville on April 27, for a double header. This is the first time the team will have ever played them. The team strives to leave a mark on the field and make everyone proud. “Although there have been some ups and downs, softball has still been super fun. My teammates always encourage me to do my best and I couldn’t ask for a better team,” said Kylie Coy. The Lady Indians plan to make this a good season for this school year.