Shed Some Light

Meghan Anderson, Reporter

Tis’ the season for some people, the most dreaded time of the year; the end of daylight savings time. It is bright and sunny at 6:00 in the morning, and pitch black at 5:00 in the evening. Students at Wayne City High School who have chores to do and animals to feed before school in the morning such as junior Adlee Stephenson, hate when it’s dark at 6:30 in the morning. Adlee says, “I would prefer it to be daylight at 6:30 in the morning, so I can see to do my chores in the morning.” 

Adlee is a very hard-working girl and has several horses she must attend to before she departs for school in the morning, so the light is important to her. 

Considering right now it doesn’t get dark until 8:00, some students such as senior Leah Marvel think, “Daylight savings time is useful for many different things. I think it helps people have more time to get things done. Who doesn’t like the sun? Suns out, buns out!” Though many people can relate to her argument, morning people cannot.

When asked if they thought daylight savings time should be permanent, Leah Marvel responds, “ Yes, absolutely. 100%.” Adlee responded, “I don’t know, I just need some light, so I can get stuff done before and after school.”