The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Solar Eclipse Party Lights Up Orchardville

On Monday, April 8, the Skillet Fork Grill in Orchardville hosted a solar eclipse party to raise funds for Skillet Fork Grill Owner Diane Vest’s granddaughter, Kenzie Alvis, to embark on a trip to Costa Rica for veterinary science studies. The event featured live music by Kris Loker and a variety of food options including pork burgers, and pulled pork sandwiches.

Despite its modest size, the tight-knit Orchardville community, made up of numerous friends and family members of Kenzie Alvis, came together to show their support for her aspirations while celebrating the rare total solar eclipse as well. Reflecting on the occasion, Alvis expressed her gratitude, stating, “I am grateful by the amount of support I’ve been given from people in and around my community simply for wanting to help me for my trip.”

Not only did this event fundraise for Alvis’s upcoming trip, it also brought the community together in many ways, by providing music, food and fun for the attendees, all while also providing a remarkable opportunity to witness the total solar eclipse, a phenomenon not seen in Wayne County since August 21, 2017. With the next eclipse projected to occur in 2044, the gathering served as a very memorable experience for all involved.