The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

How To Spend Deer Day

Students share what their plans are for the upcoming day off school.

On Friday, November 17, students in the Wayne City School District receive the day off from classes in celebration of deer day. Every year, the school board allows students to take this day to spend extra time in the deer stand. As it is the first day of shotgun season, many students use this day to get an early start to their hunting season.

Freshman Carter Wiggins, for example, is one who always looks forward to spending the extra day in the woods. “It really helps when you are trying to track the crazy movement patterns of the deer. Another day spent in the stand is another chance to see a good deer,” stated Wiggins.

He is not the only one who anxiously awaits this day off. More students, including Junior Josie Greenwalt, join in on the excitement. Even though she, along with the other basketball players and cheerleaders, has practice that day, Greenwalt looks forward to spending her afternoon in the deer stands. She shared, “I will gladly take another day out of school, but being able to hunt makes the day much better.”

However, not all of the student population will spend the day hunting. “I don’t like to hunt, so I will probably be at home playing video games with friends,” says Senior Liam Smith.

Some students, however, truly don’t have any big plans for their day off. Sophomore Kaylee Bullard, aside from helping watch her siblings, looks forward to spending the day catching up on some sleep.