Cell Game or Social Fame?

Dane Horton, Ad Manager

Based on a random poll taken in Wayne City High School, only 2 in 10 people would consider themselves obsessed with a gaming on their phone.  It seems weird that in America where we use our phones to help us carry out the simplest of tasks that more people are not obsessed with cell phone gaming.

Why not? Some people said they would rather hang with their friends, just don’t have time to, or even just don’t find it fun. Freshmen Kalee Kilmer said, “I just don’t find it very fun, and I’m always too busy with school work and hanging out with friends.” Part of the loss of gaming love could also be a transfer of interests. Junior Dawson Barnard said, “I used to be obsessed with gaming on my phone, but my obsession just went from that to my car.”

It seems most games have in app purchases and advertisements now, and many people find this annoying. Who wants to sit and watch a 30 second ad when you could be playing your game? This could be a reason for the lack of gaming interest. It also may tempt some a little too much into buying things they know they don’t need but can’t resist. When asked about this topic, junior Brice Abrams replied, “I just don’t want to go bankrupt on candy crush power ups!”

On the topic of cell phone gaming Mr. Mathew Noatch said, “It’s easy to let these games take over your life, so you need to be able to limit yourself.” More people would rather pursue other interests with their friends then sit on a game anyway. Could this mean a turn from technological obsessions back to socializing face to face? Who knows, but don’t worry, there will always be new games to play in your App Store!