Making a Difference

A positive attitude and a little encouragement can go a long way. Matt Griswold, former P.E. teacher and volleyball coach has had a huge impact on students and staff here at WC. When he was a teacher here, there was never a time where he was not smiling and showing how much he loves Jesus. Many students and past students could say so many positive things about him.

Senior, Aubrey Noe states, “Mr. Griswold has always motivated me to accomplish everything I was involved in and still influences me in my life today.” Mr. Griswold is respected and appreciated by many students at WC. He has in the past and continues to make an appearance every year at “See You at the Pole.” He continues as assistant coach of the girl’s volleyball team this year as he moves on to bigger and better things. Matt Griswold left teaching at WC to pursue being the lead pastor at Connexion Church in Mt. Vernon, Il.

Encouraging and making an effort to associate with the students who maybe did not get a lot of attention, Mr. Griswold was always there. So, from jamming to Christian music in P.E. to seeing him smile in the hallway at school, students will always remember how kind-hearted and funny he was as a teacher.