The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Swinging for Success

On September 15, the Indians baseball team secured their second victory over the Webber Trojans, their third win overall. The final score was 13-1. Sophomore Dawson Wood stated, “Our hitting was very good that game. Bryson Caudle had a nice double along with Jaiden Brown. Jaiden also hit a triple and was responsible for many RBIs.” Many of the players agreed that their hitting against the Trojans was better than most games so far, if not all of the games. The team’s batting wasn’t the only thing that seemed to stand out though. Another sophomore, Bryson Caudle, said that, “Dawson’s pitching was exactly what we needed that game. He played great.”

The Indians baseball team is 3-5 with wins over Brownstown and two over Webber. They were defeated by Christ Our Rock Lutheran, South Central, Odin/Patoka, Altamont, and North Clay. Only select teams take part in the fall baseball season, so it is much shorter in comparison to the spring season they play. Sophomore Jax Scarborough said, “I think playing the fall season prepares us for spring. We see a variety of teams, and I think it helps the team more.” 

The Indians are in the Midland Trail Conference with the Cisne Lions, the Grayville Bison, the Odin/Patoka Warriors, the Red Hill Salukis, the Sandoval Blackhawks, the Sesser Valier/Waltonville Spartans, the Webber Trojans, the West Richland/Clay City Wildcats, and lastly the Woodlawn Cardinals. During the fall season, they play two conference teams, the Webber Trojans, over which they have secured two victories, and the Odin/Patoka Warriors. The Indians have three games of the fall season left.