The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Setting the Court on Fire

On September 12, the Wayne City High School volleyball team followed the path to victory against the Sandoval Blackhawks in their home gym. The team defeated the Blackhawks in two sets with the scores of 25-13 in the first set and 25-6 in the second set. Senior varsity player Alexis Greene said, “It was a really fun game as a team, and I think we worked together very well.”

Breaking down the statistics of the Lady Indians game against the Blackhawks left Greene with 10 kills and eight digs, Cecilia Choate with two kills, and Kaylin Loker with three aces and nine digs. Loker stated, “Playing Sandoval was a big learning experience for me. Getting the chance to dig and take those risks was really fun and showed me that playing hard pays off in the end.”

The Indians are in the Midland Trail Conference along with the Sandoval Blackhawks, the Red Hill Salukis, the Woodlawn Cardinals, the Grayville Bison, the Cisne Lions, the Webber Trojans, and the Odin/Patoka Warriors. The Clay City Wolves are still in the conference, however they combined with the North Clay Cardinals for volleyball this year. Varsity Coach Lamar Choate said, “North Clay is a good team in general, so now that they are combining with Clay City I think they will have a fine chance of having a long and satisfactory season.” The Indians are 2-2 in conference with a win against Sandoval and Patoka, but tragic losses against Cisne and Webber. The teams next conference game will be September 28, against Red Hill in the J. Conrad Allen Gymnasium. The team hopes everyone will show up to support the Lady Indians.