The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Battle of the Classes Build-up

One of the most awaited days at Wayne City High School is definitely the Battle of the Classes. Every year before Thanksgiving, the students organize a competition between classes. In this special and funny day, all four classes battle it out to be the champion. This year, the Battle of the Classes is on November 16. 

In Battle of the Classes, there are multiple games and many activities to participate in. The students will compete in events all day, starting with the run out, which is a 2-3 minute routine that they create. Among the many games and activities to do are tug of war, hungry hippos, a rock paper scissors line, a head-shoulders-knees cup tournament, the three-legged race, a t-shirt race, cornhole, volleyball and dodgeball to name a few.

Every class has different colors of t-shirts. Freshmen wear white, sophomores wear red, juniors wear black, and seniors can choose their shirt color. For this year, the Beta Club picked maroon. Beta Club is in charge of the event. 

When asked why she liked the Battle of the Classes, Zoe Wiggins, the President of Beta Club said, “I always love Battle of the Classes. It is one of my favorite days of the year because of all the fun memories we create during the games.”  It is definitely a day the whole school looks forward to enjoying.