The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Senioritis Slumps

Senioritis+Slumps

As the end of the school year approaches, many high school seniors are being labeled as having ¨senioritis.¨ Senioritis is a lack of motivation and decreased interest in schoolwork. The seniors are ready to start their new chapter in life. Many are preparing to go to college and graduation is only a few weeks away. Seniors are ready to go through the remaining days of high school. Senioritis could be harmful if you get out of the habit of getting to class and turning assignments in on time. Staying in the habit of getting to school on time is important. Colleges often require final transcripts, and a significant drop in performance could jeopardize acceptance offers. Additionally, developing a mindset can set a negative mindset for future attempts. Bladen Harris said, “Senior year is easy. I haven’t had homework at all.” To help senioritis, seniors should stay engaged in their homework and set goals for themselves, and ask for support from teachers and peers. To continue strong and maintain discipline, students can leave high school with a sense of accomplishment and readiness for the challenges that are ahead. Ayden Smith said, “Senior year is the most difficult year so far because everyone expects you to know what you wanna do in the future.” Senioritis is a natural temptation, but overcoming it is essential for a successful transition to the next stage of life.