The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Courtside Kickoff

Courtside+Kickoff

With just a little less than a month to go until the boys basketball season tips off, the anticipation is building to a peak. Players are hitting the gym, perfecting their shots, and strengthening their teamwork. Coaches are planning strategies and making game plans, while fans are already marking their calendars, eager to cheer on their favorite team.

Coach Talbert says, “Obviously we want to build off the success that we had last year. There will be challenges because of how many seniors we lost last season, however our current group has put in a ton of off season work on their individual game. Because of that, I think we have a chance to be very competitive this season.”

The Indians hope to gain more wins over the majority of their season, including the many tournaments they are in as well as regionals.

The countdown has begun as the days tick away, the excitement in the air is almost tangible. In just a short month, the basketball court will come alive with the thunder of dribbling balls, the swish of three- pointers, and the roar of the crowd. Senior Koby Anderson states, “I am looking forward to extending the win streak over Webber for the twelfth straight time.” Junior Ryan Strader says, “We’ve been playing basketball and hitting the gym almost everyday after school for the past couple months, working on skills and fundamentals for the upcoming season, and I think we are going to dominate this year.”