The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Birthday Surprise

March Senior of the Month
Birthday+Surprise

March 6 was a very special day for Nathan Barnard. The Wayne City High School Secretary Kathy Braddock had the honor to declare Nathan Senior of the Month. Not only did Nathan get Senior of the Month, but it was also his eighteenth birthday.

Within those eighteen years, Nathan Barnard has been very active in his community. He participates in FFA, Beta Club Honor Society, Apologetix, History Club, Pep Band, Marching Band, 4-H, and is a member of Church of the Harvest. Some of his accomplishments within these clubs are his FFA State Degree, Section 23 Ag Sales Proficiency Winner, Section 23 Ag Services Proficiency Winner, and Ag Services Proficiency District runner up. 

Nathan Barnard said, “I was shocked that I got it. It was really entertaining seeing everyone’s reaction to me getting it. Some people were happy for me while others were angry I got it, but I found that really funny.”

Along with Nathan’s after school activities, he has a lob. He works part time for his family business, Barnard’s Soil Service. His future plans are to go to Rend Lake College for Diesel Mechanics. 

Kahlyn Steiner stated, “Nathan and I have had our disputes in the past, but he’s grown a lot as a person. I’m proud of him and proud to be one of his buds.”