The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Plowing Ahead

Plowing+Ahead

The FFA started the year with several activities for students to get involved at school. Freshmen, also called Greenhands, traveled to a workshop in Carbondale. The FFA held a back to school party, FarmYard Follies at the fairgrounds in DuQuoin, and Field Day, held at a land plot right outside of town. Students sometimes attend trips during the day, getting to leave school on field trips. “I like to get out of school, be busy in the shop, and hang out with friends,” stated Case Greenwalt. The group also hosted concessions for volleyball games this season, with students signing up to work each night. 

This weekend, the FFA students will be helping out at the 5K handing out water, selling tea at Bean Days, and helping out at the Car Show concessions. The FFA members will be bringing out animals such as chickens, cows, and goats for everyone to come out and see. They are selling raffle tickets and doing Cow Patty Bingo. That night, they will be helping out at the rodeo, parking cars. 

October 18 through November 1, the FFA will be doing a Texas Roadhouse Rolls and Gift Cards Fundraiser that will be delivered on November 17. The National FFA Convention will be November 3 in Indianapolis, Indiana. At the convention, students go around, talk to new people, make friends, and learn so much more about agriculture. “I’m excited for the opportunities and meeting new people along the way,” said FFA officer Madison Chizk.