The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

Apologetix on Wheels

The Wayne City High School Apologetix rented out Skateland Rollersport in Fairfield for two hours on Saturday November 4 to bring the high school together for a fun and enjoyable afternoon, filled with skating, mini golf, and arcade games. 

Everyone who went enjoyed their time some way or another, whether it was laughing at everyone falling down or being the one falling down. Nathan Barnard said, “I personally love to roller skate, and whenever I heard Apologetix is hosting a roller skating day at the roller rink, I had to go and invited Ashton to go along with me so we can skate together.”

Kane Borah tried his best with skating, but he struggled with staying on his feet. Borah stated, “It was quite painful, but I did win the claw machine though, which made it worth it.”

Sponsors Staci Mays and Kim Sowa came up with the idea of having a skating party for the entire high school. The bring the Wayne City students together and unite the school as a whole. 

The venue offered more than just skating. Some students played mini golf and or arcade games. Zoe Wiggins took enjoyment in these other activities. Wiggins stated, “The skating rink was so much fun! I was awful at skating, so I enjoyed mini golf with friends and talking to Mrs. Sowa and Mrs. Mays. We loved watching everyone try to skate.”

Overall, most of the students agreed that the Apologetix skating rink event was a complete success, and they hope to see it again next year.