The student news site of Wayne City High School

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

The Warwhoop

Polls

What do you think of the new finals policy at WCHS?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Connexion

An Action-Packed Night

Bean Days Rodeo 2023

Wayne City’s Bean Day Festival Rodeo is an exciting time for everyone in town, as well as visitors from out of town. Being around friends and family and enjoying an action-packed night at the rodeo can very well be one of the best ways to spend a fun evening out in Wayne County.

This year, the Wayne City Saddle Club Bean Days Rodeo is held on Saturday, September 23, at 7 p.m. with admission at 10 dollars per person. Anyone 6 and younger can go for free.

The rodeo is a long tradition of the town, which has its origins 30 years ago when the youth of Wayne City wanted to start a rodeo. From that moment, it has always been a much followed event by the citizens of Wayne City during Bean Days. The rodeo includes some “country activities” like watching bull riding, ranch sorting, double mugging, wild cow milking breakaway roping, mutton busting for the kids, and much more. 

For 30 years, Roy Estheimer was in charge of the rodeo, but this year, he has retired. Estheimer stated that his favorite part of being in charge for 30 years was “meeting all of the people and having great friendships for 30 years.” 

In the past years, the stock contractors have been Rolling J, C Bar Rodeo, and 3 C, but this year, the stock contractors are T & A Bucking Bulls.  The Stock Contractors 3 C had a Trick Rider that is now performing with MFR Specialty Acts in Las Vegas.